General Faculty Senate meetings are once a month, using a representational model per department/unit. All meetings are open, and any request to be on the agenda should be directed to the Faculty Senate Chair or through the Action Request Form.
Meetings are moderated using an abridged version of FS Roberts Rules of Order.There are also FS Meeting Expectations for Senators, Representative Attendees (i.e., Designated Proxies, FS Committee Chairs, UHPA Directors, etc.), and Guests (any one from our campus community not scheduled on the General Meeting agenda).
All voting held in the Senate are done on-line and a permanent record is kept.
Meeting agendas and minutes can be found on this page prior to the general meeting.
General Faculty Senate Meetings:
Spring 2018 Schedule
|Action Request Deadline||Executive Committee Meeting||Agenda/Materials Distribution||Faculty Senate Meeting|
|Tue., Jan. 2, 1-3 PM||Tue., Jan. 2, 4:30 PM||Mon., Jan. 8, 12:15-2:30 PM
|Mon., Jan. 22, 4:30 PM||Wed., Jan. 24, 1-3 PM||Mon., Jan. 29, 4:30 PM||Mon., Feb. 5, 12:15-2:30 PM
|Tue., Feb. 20, 4:30 PM||Wed., Feb. 21, 1-3 PM||Mon., Feb. 26, 4:30 PM||Mon., Mar. 5, 12:15-2:30 PM Kauila 216|
|Mon., Mar. 19, 4:30 PM||Wed., Mar. 21, 1-3 PM||Mon., Mar. 23, 4:30 PM||Mon., Apr. 2, 12:15-2:30 pm
|Mon., April 23, 4:30 PM||Wed., April 25, 1-3 PM||Mon., April 30, 4:30 PM||May 7, 12:15-2:30 pm Kauila 216|
Meeting Information & Documents:
Kapi’olani Community College Faculty Senate General Meeting
May 7, 2018
12:15-2:30 p.m., Kauila 216
I. Call Meeting to Order
II. Review Minutes of Executive Meetings EFS Meeting Minutes 04252018-1
III. Chair’s Report
- DE course evaluation process update https://create.piktochart.com/output/27443101-de-class-review-process (Leigh Dooley)
- UHPA (Susan J.)
- ACCFSC (No show policy)
- CCCFSC (Funding from Legislator) https://www.hawaii.edu/news/2018/05/07/uh-2018-legislative-recap/
IV. Items for Discussion and/or Approval
- Approval of Minutes from April Meeting Apr2 FSGM Meeting Minutes 04032018 (3)
- Curriculum Update (Mae D.) & Approval of Curriculum: Take 2 & 3
- Discuss & vote on Course Evaluation System
- Document What Department(s) Voted on B CES_Department Vote Required
- Vote on Vacancy Policy KCC Vacancy Procedure.2018.3.13.Clean
- Update: Discuss New Mission Statement (FSRC Committee) FSRC REVISED MISSION STATEMENT
- Continue Discussion Syllabi Policy: By when should students receive them; if modifications, by when; where to post; standardization?
- Faculty Senate survey
V. Committee Reports
- Faculty Student Relations
- SLO Assessment
- Distance Education
- Professional Rights & Responsibility (update on progress) FS Action Request 1819002); reviewing; reviewing DE class process
VI. What’s on Your Mind?
Immediately following meeting: ELECTION OF OFFICERS
Next Meeting: Monday, TBA